Looking for help converting MicroLogix1100 Program to Micro 820

nedlecky

Hi! I need help converting an old MicroLogix 1100 project to Micro 820.

Project Details
I have an old MicroLogix 1100 program that has been in service for 10+ years.

I want to convert it to a Micro 820 program. Yes, there's a converter in CCW, but it requires an export from RSLogix Micro into SLC format and I only have the RSLogix Micro Starter code that won't do that.

AND... I'd like to have someone who knows the 820 so I can get experienced eyeballs, advice, and a sanity check on all this old 1100 code.

More Details
The application receives hardwired fail bits from a vision system and uses either time or encoder pulse counts (on an HSC input) to fire a reject mechanism. Speeds are up to 900/minute, but could go higher someday. At 900/minute, the 1100 has been working just fine.

The code has a pretty small number of settings and inputs which come over EIP from a C# GUI that I wrote.

The PLC has just a few hardwired outputs... turn some indicator lights on/off, fire the reject mechanism, turn the line off.

There's a calibration mechanism where you set an offset at low speed and set another at high speed and then the offset scales based on encoder pulse rate... that part I don't fully understand but it looks straightforward.

It would be great to find someone to sanity check and get me started/most-of-the-way on the conversion!
- Someone who already knows MicroLogix 1100 and Micro 820
- Someone who knows how to convert
- Someone who understands basic encoder/HSC use and part reject tracking??

Happy to compensate you for your time and knowledge!!