Pilz

ben

Hello All,

Sorry but not really a PLC question…..

How do I link two Pilz relays (preferably PNZ0/1) that are 200m apart in separate MCC’s? I need e’stops at each location to trip both relays, and relay re-sets on each MCC panel front via reset button. Pilz have not been very good at responding. I could do with a drawing, the Pilz website is not so good either.

Thanks if you can help, or you have done something similar with PILZ?

Ben

How you describe it, it should be two separate E-stop relays. Each with its own E-stop and reset button. Both E-stop relays can stop the same machine/device.
It is quite normal to have several safety relays for the same machine.

I do NOT think that a reset button can be 200 m away from the E-stop button that was pressed. You have to be able to SEE the area that is relevant to that button. So you cannot share that function between the locations.

totally agree

that's right, you cannot have a non-local reset button. it would be easy to have either e-stop drop out both pilz relays (extra contact on the button maybe,connected to the other circuit) but (n)
to having either reset button bringing both back in.

totally agree

that's right, you cannot have a non-local reset button. it would be easy to have either e-stop drop out both pilz relays (extra contact on the button maybe,connected to the other circuit) but (n)
to having either reset button bringing both back in.

(whoops, login timed out:oops: )