SINUMERIK 840Dsl system, one axis out of control ?!

wendaiyu

[FONT=&quot]Hello[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=&quot]guys.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have one 840Dsl milling machine and there are B_11, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B12[/FONT][FONT=&quot], B_13, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B14[/FONT][FONT=&quot] planetary (fixtures) on it. They can rotate 360 degree and are independent. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]B_11 and B_13 use the same output to control their hydraulic breaks, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B12[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B14[/FONT][FONT=&quot] as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Last week we got B_11 encoder fault, so techs replaced with a new rotary angle encoder ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]HEIDENHAIN RCN 2380), as we could not find the same one. But after the installation, there were many encoder alarms. We have to change the old one back.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then techs replaced encoder cables, swapped motor modules……Now encoder alarms’ gone, but we get bigger issue: B_11 axis is out of control.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whatever in Auto or Jog mode, whatever the feedrate is 0% or 100%, as long as we try to drive B_11, it will spin with max speed until alarms show up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The more strange thing is: B_11 still rotated with max speed, even when we drove B_13. Anyway, B12 and B14 are functional.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We swapped B_11 encoder cable and power cable with B_13 encoder and power cables on power module sides (B_11 and B12 use the same power module, B_13 and B14 as well). Then what, we can run them without any issue! ! ! Actually under this condition, when we drove B_11, B_13 was spinning physically. However, they were working.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So we suspect something wrong over controller memory area (EPROM?), it looks like the controller can not send the signal to the right spot (address).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Could you give us a help. It’s a really really headache problem.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks a lot. [/FONT]

Power Module B
202: B_13 encoder
203: B14 encoder
X1: B_13 power
X2: B14 power

Power Module A
202: B_11 encoder
203: B12 encoder
X1: B_11 power
X2: B12 power

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

If your company operates the machine, then your best bet is to call the machine manufacturer for service, especially if you don't have experience programming an 840D. There are a lot of things that machine manufacturers can lock you out of, or void the warranty if you change on your own.

There is a whole lot that goes on in the background (both programming and configuration), and it is hard to say specifically how that machine is set up. It's always possible it's a memory issue, but those are typically pretty rare.

Also, you may find some folks on here that can help you with the S120/Drive half of the system, but I don't often I see CNC questions. You may not have much luck there, but hopefully the awesome folks here prove me wrong.