sms messages (FX 1N)

jim5

Does anyone have any info on setting up a FX 1N to send a text message when an error occurs.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any info on setting up a Mistsubishi FX 1N to send a text message when an error occurs.

Thanks.

I have never done this but with an HMI.

If I was to try I would hook it up to a modem and play with it.

You can send ASCII codes to the modem "telling" it what to do.

Dial a number and also some ASCII text to show...

The overall price of this kind of work is more than the price for a small HMI that has this feature built into.

Install a second serial port on the Fx so you can monitor what is going on. It cheap...

If you use an Alarm modem instead of a normal modem, then you can easy
configure the SMS messages and emails you want to send on an event.

Even is it possible to make a logging for the data in this modem, witch is send at regular times by email.

For more information see www.tixi.com

The modem can directly communicate with the PLC, so no extra programming is needed.

First, I am not a Mitsi-guy so don't ask me..., but I know that Beijer has good support pages on the web so I did a quick search.

Found some hits regarding sms og mitsi. Here is one, a link to functionblocks (GX IEC Dev) download: http://ds2.elc.beijer.se/web/webbfiles.nsf/0/E7F3A8B415B01DA5C1256D24003DD177?opendocument

FX_232BDNoPrEC : Init communication comm card 232-BD.
FX_InitModemSMS : Init the GSM-modem.
FX_ReceiveSMS : Receive SMS.
FX_SendSMS : Transmit SMS.

The documentation is in swedish, so this is a good reason to learn other languages or to get a dictionary....
Hint: Hämta fil = download file...

thanks for the info.. but i am running GX developer 8 and i dont think it allows function blocks... i coulb be wrong. but is there any other way to do it