Error 84h Micrologix 1200

HELP!!!

I have a Micrologix 1200 that keeps faulting out. It displays Major Error Code 84h and the description says "The maximum number of expansion I/O power supplies allowed was exceeded." What does this mean??? There is only one power supply and it is located in the processor. I do have an external supply for the AIC+ but that shouldn't affect the processor should it? This happened once before I even had the AIC+. Like I said, what does this mean and how do I correct it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

ML1200 can support up to 6 expansion modules, depending on type .
Sounds like the combiantion you are using exceeds the maximum power consumption specification.

Use this LINK for the user's manual, Appendix F has a worksheet to determine system loading.

Last edited:
I think I have it narrowed down. I disconnected all the expansion I/O and started hooking it back up one slot at a time. The analog module faulted the processor with the same error code. I am going to try to find a dedicated control and eliminate the analog all together. Thanks for all the feedback!!!