rpm of a fan

I am a newbe what are VDF

i know that with some triac soloution you can change the rpm whit a potentiometer but i want to do it from the PLC

31 watts?? this is a really small motor. In U.S. terms 1/25 hp. Likely a single phase AC or a small DC motor. My guess it's likely a small DC motor, but who knows for sure...Only pite_mag.

So..Tell us a little..No - A LOT about your motor and the application, and maybe you'll get some better ie: more spicific answers.

Mike.

http://www.patchn.com/triac.htm

SSR is a solid state relay that works just like a normal relay in that it opens or closes when it is turned on. I know crydom makes a variety of these with time-delay, phase control, softstart etc but I havent seen one that is proportional...ie varies the output voltage.

What you may do is use a multi-tapped transformer and create your own variac...ie use different outputs to apply power to different taps which would cause the transformer to output different voltages which in turn will cause different speeds.

Variac is a variable AC transformer.

It's an 220 volt AC motor, so the relay you posted isnt for this application..

You stated the fan motor is a 220 vac, 31 watt motor. Are you absolutly sure about this? This is a very small motor.

Something else you can do to regulate air flow is to place a damper on the fan intake. You could use a standard damper and a control like this: http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/cg-actuators/pdf/M9000_SelectionGuide.pdf Check this catalog to pick out an actuator for a variable damper control.

OR something like this: http://www.resconsys.com/products/dampers/3wire.htm

Last edited:
Hej pite_mag

Did you get this to work?

One of my colleagues has a pelletburner that has a crouzet PLC. Since I have done a little crouzet hacking he has asked me to take a look at his PLC and make some improvements. Did you also buy a burner with a crouzet PLC included? I have no idea where he bought his burner but maybe it is the same.

I can of course always upload the program from the PLC to the programming software but it would be nicer to have the original source code. Do you have access to this?

Tommy