Setpoint in FPM on Panel and drive Powerflex 755T in RPM of Hz

Frederik8484

Dear

We are working in AB Studio 5000 and the drive is a PowerFlex 755T. For this project I need to control a conveyor to a certain set point. This set point is entered on a panel with the unit Feet/Minute (FPM). The drive can be controlled in RPM (0-1500 rpm) or in Hz (0 - 60Hz). The formula to convert FPM to RPM is RPM=(FPM∗12)/(π∗Diameter). To read the feedback from the drive, I need to convert the RPM to FPM to visualize on the panel (FPM= RPM* Diameter * π). Is there an easier way to do this or am I required to work with these formulas?

I hope someone can help me further.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Frederik

I wouldn't worry about circumference and diameter calculations. Just use a single multiplier and a hand held tach. Enter your desired FPM and tach the belt. Multiply the FPM by a coefficient that gives the correct RPM to the drive until your tach matches your SP. Use the same final value to go the other way for the feedback.