Siemens Sinamics G120C fixed speed setpoint

mulderm

Hello,

I use a Siemens Sinamics G120C inverter in combination with a S7-1200 cpu.
I use the Main Setpoint with the Providrive option and send 1810 rpm to the inverter.
Now I use r722.3 digital input to select a fixed speed of 300 rpm.
But when I activated this input the totaly speed will be 2110 rpm, the fixed speed will be added.
See attachment.
I can calculated to get 300 rpm but when the main setpoint changes I get another speed then 300 rpm.
So independent of the main setpoint via Profidrive (I must use this for other situations) when I activated r722.3 always the drive must be 300 rpm.
Who can help me to fix this?

Thanx, mulderm

fixed speed.jpg

So, from the diagram, the "fixed" setpoint is added to the main setpoint. If you add a negative number do you get 300 rpm? If so, can you do logic in the PLC to get the fixed setpoint. (Main SP - 300) * -1 = Addition SP

So, from the diagram, the "fixed" setpoint is added to the main setpoint. If you add a negative number do you get 300 rpm? If so, can you do logic in the PLC to get the fixed setpoint. (Main SP - 300) * -1 = Addition SP

Hello Ken,
Yes that is right.
I add a negative number on it and then I get 300 rpm.
But when the main setpoint changed I get no 300 rpm.
I think I can't send the fixed calculation to the inverter, it is adjusting in the settings.

Greetings,
mulderm

Last edited:
They are easy to use

Post your specific questions

Also
You can map r722 io back to the plc too
And do the logic in the plc …

If you find writing it the pic better for you

Last edited:
JRW,

I am on the good way, it works with the free function blocks.
See attachment.
Goal is to start a motor with the profidrive setpoint and after a time I will
give the motor a slow speed and then after a setting time the motor must be stopped.
Then after a few seconds the motor start again.
Problem is that I use OFF1 to stop the motor, but I want to give a 0 rpm in the settings or free function blocks but I don't know how to do that.
Now the inverter stops every time and also the fan, I don't want that.
I will use a setpoint of 0 rpm to put this without using in the plc-program
Can you help me with the blocks?

Thnx,
mulderm

G120C.jpg