Hi,Jim Dunger, Concept and CPU 434 12 for XMIT

With Hot Standby System , i have to communicate with two energy anayliser for some parameter reading , if u can explain me in detail how should i do it , or easiest way of doing it ,what i thought is to go for XMIT give me ur suggestions.

If you need the processor to intiate the communication then you are limited in your choices.

The XMIT function can be used but you would need to create logic so only the primary processor is doing the communications.

Or, you could purchase a Modbus Plus to Modbus bridge (i.e Schneider # NWBM85S232) and use the MSTR function instead. This method would be able to be implemented with both the primary and standby processors communicating at the same time. This same method is also available inan ethernet format.

If you do not need the processors to communicate directly, then a third party communication card (i.e. Niobrara R&D #QUCM) could be mounted in a remote I/O rack and manage the data transfer independently.

Tabrez, I always reply to private messages in the open forum.

Any Modbus device can be connected to a Modbus Plus network by using a bridge or gateway device. The device handles the conversion between Modbus protocol and Modbus Plus. Bridges are available from several different vendors. For more information try Schneider Electric or ProLinx .