National Manufacturing Week Poll, When will you be there?

What day(s) do you plan to attend the show, check 1 or more

• Monday March 7, 2005

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Tuesday March 8, 2005

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Wednesday March 9, 2005

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Thursday March 10, 2005

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaseyK

In the cornfields, on the prarie, outside Chi-Town
What day(s) do you plan to attend the National Manufacturing Week show, at McCormick Place in Chicago? Check as many as you want.

Are you interested in getting a group together to meet, and...

So, posting a preliminary poll as to your distant plans, so there will probably be a follow up poll or thread at least closer to the show.

As always, Comments Welcome!

regards.....casey

"Show Link"

For free exhibit pass, register before February 4, 2005.

Last edited:
Wednesday is the only logical day for me.

Monday is too hectic ariund here, Tuesday is catchup from Monday, Thursday all heck always breaks loose, and Friday no one is motivated if they don't go home early.

Wouldn't mind getting together, but away from the city, were prices are more reasonable.Maybe out by La Grange, since it is near The Tri-State and the East-West, and real accessable from I-55 / Stevenson.

Wish Metra had a "CLUB" car!

best wishes one and all

paul davis

The last few time that I have been there, I really haven't gotten much out of it.

I am curious what you guys are looking for there. I found it useful once when we were looking at slip-rings. Nobody had any local reps so it was nice to see their wares there.

I registered a few days ago... now to see if TPTB will set me free for a few days...I plan to be there Tues, Wed, Thurs... I'll up date that in the next few days...

Hope to see you all in a few weeks....
David

Rick:

I like to go to see the new stuph. Otherwise, I may not hear about it for a year or two. The last several years I just accidently stumbled across items on the internet, and have to google it up to learn more.

I go to get literature, or have it sent to me. I don't get sales calls 'cause I don't buy much personally. But since I specify and recommend the purchase of several million dollars worth of control equipment each year, it is nice to know a little more than the customers.

Last time I went, I scored at least 6 T-shirts and sweatshirts, several hats, coffee mugs, etc. I have gotten free software, pilot devices, and olots of other stuph.

Plus, I usually meet some interesting people.

I'm gonna guess I'll probably be a Wednesday person.

regards.....casey

It looks like I will be going by myself again this year. Tuesday is the only day that I do not have a class scheduled.

I am like you casey. I go to see what new things that have come out in the controls department. I also spend time in the AutoCAD booth seeing what new things they have come up with.

test',

Sometimes, going by yourself can be a blessing. I found before when going with a group of people I was constatnly going to see things I had no interest in. The only bummer is I hate eating lunch by myself. Oh well, there are always trade offs.

How about IFPE and metal forming?

I will be at the IFPE. IFPE 2005 will be held March 15-19, 2005 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

and at the Metal Forming Show
March 20-23, 2005 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL

Yes, I fly directly from Las Veags to Chicago.

We get involved in a lot of presses, hydroforming and steel/aluminum mill applications.

Can't say I've heard of IFPE, so I will leave that one for someone else.

Metal forming I've been involved with extensively in the past (> 5 years). But since I am probably will not be going to to that show, or be be involved in that area for a long time, I'll let that one pass, too.

Perhaps there will be someone else interested and going.

With a weeks worth of travelling, you probably got a reasonable expense account. Hey guys, beer and pizza on Peter!

regards.....casey

BTW:

BE CAREFUL in Rosemont, specially if you are driving. Remember to help keep Rosemont green.

Testsubject:

No indication that Eric is comming, so you may get to wear that new T-Shirt yet. Ideally, I would love to be up there 2 or 3 days. See everything I want at length! Score extra T-shirts, etc if they still give them out like they used to.

I can't determine when the last time I was up to the show, perhaps as far back as 98 or 99. Moeller's "easy" was still fairly new. Fanuc has a booth with a girl running around in a bathrobe trying to get people excited, and WonderWare 3000 was introduced. Seems like the dark ages, now.

Maybe I'll see you up there. I'm fairly easy to spot, and I'll recognize you from your picture, specially if you wear your new T-Shirt. Maybe I'll wear my green blinky-light!

Will post a new thread a few days before the show, for any updates, or "scheduled" meetings.

Last edited:
kc9ih said:
I can't determine when the last time I was up to the show, perhaps as far back as 98 or 99.

You are in for a shock.

The show has fallen quite far since then. Exhibits take about half the space and all the big names have taken a pass. I went two years ago and walked the whole show in 2 hrs.

Back then I really enjoyed the show and found it useful.

Say it ain't so...

I have heard this several times, but I don't wanna believe it.

Last time I was ther, AB had a wing or suite in the place.

I do remember getting made at some vendor in the manufacturing area that had capachino they were giving away. I asked for a cup without the foofoo on top, and I got a cup with one swallow in it. They were the chain supply gang people. I still have that little plastic cup around here some where.

About 5 or 6 years ago someone had a show at the Peoria civic center. Just local distributors and reps, primarily aimed at big yellow (Caterpillar). I think I spent 4 hours going through it. Plus a couple more hours at some GE seminars and some others. It was in January, I think I will call someone monday to see if it still goes on. Peoria has had many interesting shows, but they last a couple years, and then resurface as a variation, like Electrical to Mechanical design.

Are you headed to NMW Rick?

regards.....casey

Wonder if I can scalp my AB golfballs there?