Previous Thread Conclusion-Drive-Motor Problems

DickDV

Some time ago I tried to help Russ solve a motor bearing and motor overheating problem on a system located in Alabama. The drive was Robicon and the 400hp motor was Weg. Russ had experienced motor bearing failures and the motors were running very hot.

Russ sent me a Robicon Instruction Manual and started updating me on motor skin temperatures but, unfortunately, in the midst of this, was transferred to his employer's Ohio facility.

Since his transfer, he has informed me that Weg has taken responsibility for the motor bearing failures. The motor temperature problems were not able to be addressed fully since Russ was no longer available to make parameter changes and evaluate subsequent temperature changes.

Last week, by mutual consent, I mailed the Instruction Manual back to him and, unless further motor failures occur, I believe we can consider this a closed case.

Kind of a pity actually. This would have been a great learning experience for all of us. Especially at low speed and light fan load, these motors shouldn't have been nearly as hot as was reported.