panelveiw plus ascii help

mrm37

I NEED HELP ON ADRESSING AN STRING INPUT ENABLE SO I CAN ENTER LETTERS AND NUMBERS BUT WHEN I ADRESS THE VALUE ON THE BUTTON AS ST12:10 IT SHOWS UP AS \ST12_10 H9 (H9 BEING MY SHORTCUT) BUT WHEN I TRY TO ENTER A NAME AND NUMBER IN ENTRY NOTHING HAPPENS IN LOGIC OR PANELVEIW ,I THINK MAYBE IM MISSING SOMETHING. THANKS FOR ANY INFO. THAT MIGHT HELP ME

You can use Direct Addresses in RSView ME, or you can use RSView ME Tags (these are in the Tag Database) that are then associated with a SLC Address.

Direct Address:

If "H9" is your shortcut name in RSLinx Enterprise, then in the Connection tab for a String Display object in RSView ME you should have your String data element addressed as:

{::[H9]ST12:10}

RSView ME Tags:

If you are using RSView ME tags, you should have a Tag in the Tag Database called "ST12_10" (this is convenient, but you could name it anything) which is defined as a Device Tag with address:

::[H9]ST12:10

In the Connection tab for the String Display object in RSView ME you should enter:

{ST12_10}

If you are doing a String Entry, you use the same syntax in the Value Connection.