Panelveiw 5000 Expression

eight_bools

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Morning,

I've been working on an HMI using the Panel View 5000 series. I admittedly was not very good at Factory Talk View Studio, but I find view designer to be just different enough to struggle with most common items.

I am trying to concatenate two DINTs with a semi colon in the middle. I can get this to work, but I need to always display two digits, which is where I am having trouble.

Format should be mm:ss, but I am getting mm:ss, mm:s, m:s, m:ss depending on the value of my tags.

This would work in Factory Talk View Studio, but does not work in View Designer:
/*N:2 {::[PLC]Dryex.Line_1[2].Zone_Control.Remaining_Minutes} ZEROFILL DP:0*/:/*N:2 {::[PLC]Dryex.Line_1[2].Zone_Control.Remaining_Seconds} ZEROFILL DP:0*/

This is the expression I am currently using in view designer:
:: Dryex.Line_1[2].Zone_Control.Remaining_Minutes +":"+:: Dryex.Line_1[2].Zone_Control.Remaining_Seconds

Anyone have any thoughs? If we hadnt already purchased the PanelView 5000 I would go back to a PanelView Plus 7.

Thanks

Good Morning,

I've been working on an HMI using the Panel View 5000 series. I admittedly was not very good at Factory Talk View Studio, but I find view designer to be just different enough to struggle with most common items.

I am trying to concatenate two DINTs with a semi colon in the middle. I can get this to work, but I need to always display two digits, which is where I am having trouble.

Format should be mm:ss, but I am getting mm:ss, mm:s, m:s, m:ss depending on the value of my tags.

This would work in Factory Talk View Studio, but does not work in View Designer:
/*N:2 {::[PLC]Dryex.Line_1[2].Zone_Control.Remaining_Minutes} ZEROFILL DP:0*/:/*N:2 {::[PLC]Dryex.Line_1[2].Zone_Control.Remaining_Seconds} ZEROFILL DP:0*/

:: Dryex.Line_1[2].Zone_Control.Remaining_Minutes +":"+:: Dryex.Line_1[2].Zone_Control.Remaining_Seconds

Anyone have any thoughs? If we hadnt already purchased the PanelView 5000 I would go back to a PanelView Plus 7.

Thanks

• Add one hundred to both numbers and convert the +100 values to strings
  • concatenate the the two strings to make a string six characters long.
  • truncate the first character to get a string five characters long
  • change the third character to a (semi-?)colon

• Add one hundred to both numbers and convert the +100 values to strings
  • concatenate the the two strings to make a string six characters long.
  • truncate the first character to get a string five characters long
  • change the third character to a (semi-?)colon

Do you have an example of how to write this in the expression editor? I can't seem to figure out what language it is using and keep getting syntax errors.

Do you have an example of how to write this in the expression editor? I can't seem to figure out what language it is using and keep getting syntax errors.

No.

How about

:: Dryex.Line_1[2].Zone_Control.Remaining_Minutes + (Dryex.Line_1[2].Zone_Control.Remaining_Seconds * 0.01)

And then display it with 2 decimal digits, five "Number of digits" (the decimal point counts for 1(, and "Fill left with" zero? That would display mm.ss with a period, instead of a colon, between the values.

The other option might be three display widgets: one for a two-digit, zero-left-filled mm; one for a colon :)); one for a two-digit, zero-left-filled ss.

I have never used View Designer, but doesn't it have an option in the integer display to have 'fill zero'?

Good Morning,

Thanks

Honestly I had big issues starting with View5000 To make a "run time clock" look any good as HH : MM : SS. But using a TextDisplay Is the easiest way to Concate number values in to one display. But i the end I just made a Clock Template using 7 Display Boxes and made it look good and saved it as a Group. I even had to add a 0 that is shown before seconds and minutes that is visible only when the second or minute timer is below 10 just to achieve the 1 : 05 :02 visual. otherwise I would only make it look like 1 : 5 : 2

Using a TextDisplay you can concate values using TAG+" : "+TAG

Below is written as

"#"+::pLC.HMI.Recipe.Active.RecipeNo+" "+::pLC.HMI.Recipe.Active.RecipeName

and shown as

#3 RecipeName

Chiming in a few weeks later on this to commend our friend CNLG for pointing to the concatenation of values with literal strings in an expression editor (and illustrating how emojis have no place in technical forums !).

That's how the Technote for setting the PanelView 5000's TimeConfig or DateConfig strings does it. When you're in an expression editor you can freely mix a DINT value with strings, and the DINT will become a string of the implied length.

Sign In

Code:
This generates a String in the format "MM/DD/YYYY".  
The <10 comparisons are to add a leading zero when the Month or Day is one digit.
A System Event writes this to ::Local:HMI_Device.DateTime.DateConfig

IIF(::MyCMX.LocalDateTimeArray[1]< 10, "0" + ::MyCMX.LocalDateTimeArray[1],::MyCMX.LocalDateTimeArray[1])
+ "/" +
IIF(::MyCMX.LocalDateTimeArray[2]< 10, "0" + ::MyCMX.LocalDateTimeArray[2],::MyCMX.LocalDateTimeArray[1])
+ "/" +
::MyCMX.LocalDateTimeArray[0]

This may not be perfect for the original question but I think it's worth putting some exposition onto the forum.

Now if only I had a way to add comment text to the Expression Editor in Studio 5000 View Designer.

Last edited: