Looking for a traffic light control program - SLC 500

rcmarket

Hello - I am looking for a traffic light control program that can be utilized on a AB SLC-500. The light I have has N/S & E/W Red, Yellow, and Green bulbs. Just need the program to get going.

Thanks in advance!

RCM

I have given alot of things to students etc and will continue to offer more as time passes.

I will be D***ED if I will ever provide the traffic light program

Now, now, rcmarket...

Don't be harsh on Ron. He just has this problem with "kids" (I don't care how old you are) that want the real world handed to them in the same ol' way that Sweet Ol' Mama used to always hand it to them.

HELLO? Welcome to the REAL WORLD! You are expected to EARN your keep!

That means, PAYING your dues, as in... sweat equity!

So far, as far as we can tell, you have sweated only enough to type a few lines on the keyboard...

The "Donald" would say... You're Fired!

BTW, thanks for registering... it's a good start... now, get serious about this field.

Last edited:
rcmarket said:
Thanks for the input mister.

So, what's the exact configuration of this set of lights? How do you want it to work? We can't read mind, ya know. I am no traffic light expert so this list won’t be complete but for starters provide the following should get you started:

1. The traffic flow configuration, a drawing with annotation would do.
2. Do the signal have different set of program based on time of the day, day of the week, and holiday?
3. Do the lights respond to emergency vehicle signal?
4. pedistrian crossing push buttons?
5. Will this set of light sync with other lights? If so
.. a. What kind of communication, wireless, wired, IR?
.. b. Failsafe mode description in case of com failure.

Disclaimer: Wrongly programmed traffic signal can cause human/dog/cat/ET injuries and/or deaths.

... I was walking on the beach last year (in CA) and this kid called me "Mister"... must be getting old.

harryting said:
... I was walking on the beach last year (in CA) and this kid called me "Mister"... must be getting old.

I bought a pack of cigarettes the other day, and the kid behind the counter asked me for ID... :)

When I asked him "Are you kidding?", he replied "Yes"... :(

beerchug

-Eric

AHHHHHHHH I got a letter from the AARP (American Association of Retired Persons http://www.aarp.org ) to join the old folks club, I probably will is whats sad.

Went to Mickey D's (McDonalds) for breakfast biscuit and coffee...they gave me the senior discount.

BEAT THAT

Here is a link for your traffic light program. Please pass it on to your instructor. Does he teach anything, or just tell everyone to go do it?

"PLC Traffic Light Link"

Those who can't, teach.

However, there are many on this site who teach as a profession and do an outstanding job.

There are many more here who unselfishing give their time to help and teach others, both young and old, students and seasoned technical people to boot. Hats off to them!

To those instructors who can't even spell plc........get a real job, like McDonalds!

BTW, when I googled plc traffic lights the other day, I found an interesting site that had a simulated traffic signal with lights to hook up to your plc to test the program.

So, if we have an entrenepeur among us, perhaps you should invent a flip-flop simulator, complete with a pb and light.

Doesn't seem like there are as many flip-flop requests lately, but I think I'll ask Phil to install a Traffic Light button.

I understand Ron's frustration.

Tommorow is another day. What will be the student question for Thursday?

regards.....casey

Even thought I lost the debate for a separate student posting section, I see support slowly rising for it!

Last edited:
Long day I guess...

So - looks like I walked right into this one. All the ranting and raving, you would think that I was offensive in even asking for a program.

Let's say this - I am glad you guys have soap boxes to jump on at a moments notice - obviously the forum threads are hooked right into your phones so you know when someone is posting.

Your replies offer no aide except in allowing each other to build up your egos. Like a couple of school-girls admiring each other in the mirrors. Hilarious.

I did search the threads and get the info I needed. Thanks to all who have posted that info

C YA!

RCM

Humm...

The questions I asked in response was all serious, they are a joke only in that it only scratch the surface of what a real-life situation engineer would ask. If you had asked for a traffic-light program for a MODEL-RAIL train set, then, the program you "found" might just worked fine. However, it wasn't all clear that was what you had asked for. Coding ladder is easy, engineering a system is not. Also, people skill is essential no matter how good an engineer you might be.

Kc9ih, I too feel that bad teaching is mostly to blame for what we have been seeing. I had one of the best programming teacher last year in a local CC. She used to be a programming manager for one of the company here but life-circumstances had her change her career. she made up power-point and sample programs (incomplete programs) that we have to follow and finish. As the course progresses the work get more challenging and she would give us less of a completed program. It takes someone who LOVES teaching to put so much work into every class, cause no $ can motivate someone like that. Comes to think of it, I should go back, there's so much that I don't know :)