Help on old ABB

GEOFRA

Hi guys! I need some help on some old ABB PLC.
My experience is only with SIEMENS and Ladder programming.
I was given a project which is to replace an old ABB PLC with a new PLC in a dairy factory. They have given me the programming software(DOS) which when I run it says "PROCONTIC Version 2.2" and when I open the runtime software on the PLC type it says "Procontic b4" .
They have also given me a printout of the program which is approx 100 pages A4 size. The are are three backplanes with i/o cards , a total of 22x8 inputs and 29X8 outputs.
Looking at the program it has a format as follows:

00000 ! s 00,01 step 1
00001 / s 00,03 step 3
00002 / s 00,05 step 5
e.t.c
00016 = M 00,00 BIT 1
00017 ! S 00,02 step 2
00018 / S 00,03 step 3

Unfortunately I don't understand anything and as there is nobody which can explain the process in detail I wonder if anybody can give me some hints in order to understand the program.

GEOFRA,

You should search for a manual on the PROCONTIC Version 2.2 PLC software. I have never seen one myself, but I have seen many other brands.

00000 ! s 00,01 step 1

Here are some guesses based on experience. The 5-digit number is the program line number. The next position is an operator that tells the PLC to perform some function. The next two two-digit numbers are input or output bit locations. The ASCII text is user documentation put in by the programmer that tells something about the rung, what it is doing.

Since a Google search for "proconic" only lands 6 hits, of which 1/2 seem relevant, I'm guessing that finding a manual will be all but impossible. You never know though, someone here might have used these. Tim got me out of a jam on an old Fuji controller which I though I'd NEVER figure out.

I would start by trying to figure out what the operators are. ! seems to mean LD or STR. / might mean AND or OR. You'll have to look for clues in the program to determine which it is. I think it's a pretty safe bet that = means OUT.

The biggest hurdle will be if there are any special purpose bits or instructions used. Clock bits, one-shots, etc. might be stubling blocks.

How large is the listing? If you can post it here as a text file, I'm sure a few of us would be willing to take a crack at deciphering it.

beerchug

-Eric

The old SST facility in Heidelberg, Germany is responsible for the Procontic product lines. They were purchased by ABB and there is help available. Call them at ++49 62 21/7 77-0 and ask for the helpline.