Help with old CUTLER-HAMMER D100 Programmable controller

carlos1984

Hi everyone, I know this is an old one but we have a d100 in our wrapper , it just stopped working. When the inputs are pressed the corresponding light does come on, but there is no out put light, Also the diagnostic ligts are all dark.

I was looking at the manual and it says that the battery cant be removed until the machine is off and the prom is backed up.

When it was being diagnosed the battery was disconnected and the machine was powered up while the battery was removed, could this have cause the ram to be deleted.

Since the diagnostic lights are not turning on we are wondering if the whole board is bad.

And if so does getting a new one fix the problem or would it have to be programmed too?

Lastly is there a company or person that can either fix these controllers or eve nupdate it to something new?

Any help or input is appriciated.

Yes, if you removed the battery while the unit was off, then the program stored in RAM was lost. If you have the accessory PROM and the program was backed up to it, then you can retrieve it from the PROM and restore the program to RAM. If you don't have the PROM or the program was never backed up, then hopefully you have a paper copy, as someone will have to reprogram it. Buying another unit, would still have to be programmed, either retrieving it from the PROM or typing it back in manually.

Most any system integrator would be able to help you upgrade to something new, but they'd need a program to convert...hopefully a paper printout of the current logic.

The software to program these units is DOS-based and needs a dongle.
It's a 'start again from fresh' situation.

WOW, thanks guys for getting back to me, so my next question is since no one here know anything about this PLC, would it be feasible to get someone in to upgrade and program a new one?