Help with connecting to old Taian TP02

captainpatje

Dear all,

In a previous post I asked if someone had the software for an old Taian TP02. We used to sell our bandsaw machines with these PLCs a long time ago, around when I was 5 years of age. They are NOT required anymore but its purely as a hobby / and it would be cool if I got it to work.

Now I contacted Taian directly and surprisingly they did send me the PC12 software. What I did then was create a Windows 95 VMware and add a serial port. I connected the PLC to my laptop using a USB to COM cable(RS232 I believe) and the host recognized it as a connection (Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (com2)), and I selected com2 as the serial port that had to be added to the VMware. No problems there, but when I try to connect to the Taian TP02 PLC, it will give a communication time-out.

This also happens when the cable is NOT connected, so I think I'm somehow missing an extra step.

The cable I am using I also use to program HMI's with so I THINK that's not the issue. But if someone knows if I need a special cable or something, please let me know. But I'm guessing on a missing link between the host and VMware. the host will show Com2, and Windows 95 is only showing COM1.

Please let me know, any help is welcome! Thanks

Patrick

TP02.png

Last edited:
Hi captainpatje,
I am also trying to connect to a TP02 PLC. I cant get reply from Taian yet.
How did you get PC12 software? Link or emailed files?
Are you able to send me what you have so I can use PC12 software?
I have a bandsaw machine which wont start the hydraulic pump. All inputs are as they should be, so I need to check logic to find what is stopping pump start.
All and any help would be great

Hi Oldtecky,

I already sent you a private message, but I just now carefully read your message. Seems that you also have a Cosen bandsaw, unless it's another brand. We're the official distributor, and these days are using Mitsubishi FX3G PLCs in our machines. These Taian's are barely readable anymore.

For anyone interested, here is the PC12 software:
https://easyupload.io/v37ri6

If the link has expired, contact me anytime at [email protected], I will be glad to share it.

It needs a converter, however, Mitsubishi FX range although 422 I have seen by using a resistor it works, never tried it & cannot guarantee it will not damage it. Again though the documents say 485 not 422 I suggest you get a 232 to 485 converter or even better a USB to 485, it is possible that converting from a USB/232 to 485 might not supply the required power voltage.
There are loads on Amazon or Ebay at low cost.