S7 program size

randomFire

Hi, hope somebody can shed some light on this for me.

I had a problem the other day where I found I couldn't download a program I modified as I had run out of memory. So I got a bigger MMC and everything was OK, but I have been round the help files and done some googling to try to find the program size before you download it.
Does anyone know how to access it?

Thanks

Sure, just go to Blocks>Object Properties>Blocks, and it will list the load and work memory sizes. That should give you an idea of the required memory card you need.

An MMC card does not change the work memory size. The work memory is like RAM on a PC. Chances are if he would have compressed the memory or deleted everything from the MMC and reloaded- it probably would have loaded.

In addition to the memory requirements for code and data blocks, there will be system memory set aside to communication and the like.

Unfortunately, there is no place to view the amount of memory set aside for system data when you are offline.
When you are online you can view the total amount of used memory with the Diagnostics .. PLC .. Module information function.