control wiring diagram guideline

labingtone

Hello to everyone.

I'm preparing for a control wiring diagram for a certain process. I want to Standardize my drawing based on US standard or IEC standard.

Is there anybody knows a site where can I get guidelines, symbol(e.g. relay, switches) and drawing plates? Examples too?

thanks.

There are really two different diagrams that will be useful. The Process & Instrumentation Diagram (PID) shows the process equipment and the instruments and is useful for seeing the relationships between the controls and the equipment. The ISA has a standard ISA (S5.1) that shows the standard symbols and labels.

The other kind of diagram is the actual wiring diagram. This is usually a loop diagram for analog devices and a ladder diagram for discrete. This link may be helpful: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?s=&threadid=466&highlight=Hugh.

Since I don't have any ISA or IEC symbols myself, I have been waiting on someone to upload some, and we can add them to the menu that I gave you a link too above. If you have any yourself, upload it and we can hack up the menu to compile the symbols. That way everyone can have them too...