Sst-pfb_slc

Derick123

Hi
I have an application where I am using a SST-PFB-SLC in slot 2 of a SLC500 rack. The SST-PFB-SLC is connected to a profibus panelview. This aspect of the project works fine. Now I am required to insert a new machine into this network. This machine will use a SST-PFB-SLC to communicate with its own profibus panelview. I need to exchange data between the two SST-PFB_SLC's. Any advice how to transfer data? Should one be configured as a slave the other a master?

Thank you for your advice,
Derick

You will probably have to add an additional SST-PFB-SLC module to each rack, if the existing modules are already communicating with PanelViews (the second port on the PFB modules is for config. only). What type of SLC processor are you using? You may be better off setting the two CPU's up on their own DH+/DH-485/Ethernet network.

Another option is to use a Siemens PD/DP coupler to transfer data between two masters. PN is 6ES7 158-0AD00-0XA0. This unit has two Profibus ports. One for each network.

Thank you AJZ and mgvol for taking the time to reply, I appreciate the benefit of this site and the technical skills of it's members. In response to your question mgvol I am using an SLC 504 1747-L542 (32K) processor in each rack. I see that your suggesting I look into DH+, DH485 or ethernet. I am preparing to do this as an alternate if I am not sucessful. I was wondering is it possible to use multiplexing addresses to send data between the two SST-PFB-SLC in each rack since both are connected to panlviews and using real time addressing?

thanks

Well, I'm afraid you're way beyond my level of experience with the SST-PFB-SLC product; I can set one up w/Hyper Terminal and RSLogix 500 and that's about it. However, since you are using 5/04 CPU's, why not just connect a piece of "blue-hose" between Channel 1 of the CPU's and use MSG instructions to send/receive data? Probably the least complicated, least expensive route to go.