ControlLogix Produced/Consumed Status

dash

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there a way to retrieve the status of a controller connection that you are consuming a tag (or tags) from? Does anyone know of any knowledge base articles.

Is it as simple as using a GSV message to retrieve the fault word from the module that is configured in the I/O list? See picture below.

Using a CLX 5550 processor (V12 firmware) with a 1756-ENBT ethernet module. All the producing controllers are the same setup.

Darren

enet faults.jpg

That may be what I want but you may want to look in the help file for the Module Entry Status object info. You need to mask it and compare to a hex value (or convert the hex in the help file to decimal). If the online help is correct then bit 14 that you use in the ladder example will be on for the following cases: Running (16#4000), Shutting Down (16#5000), Inhibited (16#6000), Waiting (16#7000).

Just a general comment to think about. Thanks for the input.

Darren

You definately should use AND 16#F000 to mask lower 12 bits and test for 16#4000 (Running) after that.
According to my notes, lower 12 bits can contain some additional info not relater to the module status.

Also in your example you pointed GSV to the producer ENBT, but it should be producer controller - one step down.

Contr_Conn,

Do you know of a specific reference that gives more detail than what is on the online help? More specifically, how did you find out that a GSV to the producing controller is the way to go?

Thanks,

Darren

That's the way I do it; with a periodic GSV to the Module Object to get the EntryStatus value.

I always divide EntryStatus by 4095 to get the last nibble as a value, instead of trying to mask it and compare against a hex value.

If the value is 4, all is OK. If it's anything else, call it a fault. That's also a handy value to put into a multistate indicator in RSView ME.

I also jump over to the status routine before I initiate any peer-to-peer messages; it can save on a lot of fussing around with connection management.

Customer specs do not allow for that. Good point though for someone else that does not have a PLC spec that has to be followed.