Scan Time 5 Sec

chauhanrasikendra

C
Thanks Daniel
Now I want some more clerifications- my question is how the program is converted to binary(K form) and if after converting the program to binary if it is 10 K then the scan time would be some where around 5 Seconds is it true.
This is considering the 500 ms/K statements of CPU (Siemens) speed.
Does K Statements means 1024 Statements (My question is what is statements)

Hello chauhanrasikendra;
I have taken the liberty of illustrating the use of the word "Statement" in Siemens' own words (from the technical description of the S5-115U). Note that they describe a statement as a line of STL programming (STL=statement list, or structured text in IEC61133-1); other progamming formats, such as LAD or CSF (FDB) are graphical expansions of STL (they can be trabslated back to STL satements). So 1Kstatements means 1024 lines of STL programming, and refers to programm processing speed, not I/O scan times.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

statements.jpg