controllogix RIO

duncan

hi
How RIO(Remote I/Os) are to be configured for Controllogix and by which medium they are connected to Contrlologix PLC?

Thanks.
Duncan

You will need to use a 1756-DHRIO module in the CLX main rack and connect to the RIO racks ASB module via Belden 9463 (or equivalent) twinaxial cable. If the RIO is also CLX, use another DHRIO module.

If you meant "remote I/O" in general terms ( ie. 1756 modules in a separate rack, not the specific A-B RIO products) then you can also use ControlNet or EthernetI/P via their respective modules and cables.

Originally posted by scooby blue:

Coax is for control net not RIO.

Like NOP said in post 3, the term 'remote I/O' can be taken to mean fieldbus I/O systems in general as opposed to the AB-specific Remote I/O protocol. Duncan needs to come back and let us know which meaning of "remote I/O' he is referring to.

Keith

Contrlogix RIO

Hi Kamenges,

I mean to say AB RIO that I have to connect with Contrologix PLC in another Chhasis.

Appreciate your response.

Duncan.

If you are using the 1756-DHRIO to communicate to another 1756-DHRIO I think you should use Data Highway. Set up channel A for this. If you are using the DHRIO to communicate on a remote I/O link to another chassis (1771, 1747, 1794), you will need to add the modules in the I/O configuration tree. FYI, if you will be using any analog signals like RTD, Analog ins or outs, thermocouple cards, you should have a good grasp on how to use block transfer read and write instructions. This is one area that AB failed the end user with remote I/O networks. The nice I/O configuration tool in RSLogix 5 was not adapted to RSLogix 5000. They wanted you to upgrade all of the IO along with a processor upgrade, and switch to CNET, or Ethernet/IP. Also be aware that there is a maximum number of message instructions that can be used per 1756-DHRIO, I think it might be 32(for both channels). If you have more than that you will have to add another 1756-DHRIO and split your remote I/O networks into two sections.

Regards,
Charlie