Controllogix with Rio Flex Io

chris18136

I everyone someone can help me, I have a problem there's a fault in comunication, a controllogix lost conection with the RIo, RIO 0, RIO 1, RIO 2,RIO3 AND RIO 4, But when i reconect RIO 0 AND 1 IT'S OK BUT WHEN I CONECT RIO 3, I LOST THE CONECTION WITH THE OTHER 2 RIO.

CAN ANYONE TELL WHY THIS HAPPEN?

What network are the devices connected to ? Is it true Allen-Bradley Universal Remote I/O, through a 1756-DHRIO or 1756-RIO ?

What are the remote I/O Adapter devices ? 1771 adapters, 1794 FLEX adapters, AC drives, or something else ?

If connecting one device causes multiple other devices in the system to fail communications, then there's probably something mis-configured or physically defective in that device.

It could be as simple as a duplicate network address, or as un-fixable as a stuck transmitter circuit.

there are 1794-ACN15/ RIO_000
1797.ACNR15 REDUNDANT MEDIA
1797-ACNR15 REDUNDANT MEDIA
1797-ACNR15 REDUNDANT
1794-ACNR15 REDUNDANT
TIll
1797-acnr / RIO 004

AND THE MODULE OF THE PLC IS 1756-CNB/E-CNET

OK, so those FLEX I/O adapters are on ControlNet, with redundant media.

What are the states of the Channel A and Channel B indicators when the 1st and 2nd adapters are connected, but the 3rd is not ?

When you attach the 3rd adapter, what are the states of the Channel A and Channel B indicators ?

Have you tried connecting only Channel A, or only Channel B ?

Are there proper ControlNet taps installed on this system ?

Has there been any physical damage to the taps, connectors, or trunk cables ?

If this is a high importance control system, you may wish to directly contact the service department of Rockwell Automation de Mexico in your area.

well WE have 4 RIOS FROM RIO 0 TO RIO 4
RIO 0 1 RACK
RIO 1 1 RACK
RIO2 2 RACKS
RIO3 2 RACKS
RIO4 2RACKS

and the conection from the 2 It's like this
ver

https://subefotos.com/ver/?a468c97f3222648c737ec1473fa58904o.png

all of them were working but the last Y TAP in RIO 4 was disconected and we lost all of them.

We restart the Plc and still we didn't have comunication, but if we disconect the wire which goes to RIO 2, RIO 0 AND 1 Reconnect inmediatily when we conect the wire from RIO 1 TO 2 we lost again rio 0 and 1. the thing is that All of them were conected before the coaxial of RIO 4 was disconected.

Last edited:
the last Y TAP in RIO 4 was disconnected and we lost all of them.

ControlNet trunklines require a terminating resistor on both extreme ends. If you disconnected the last Tap from the trunkline, then you disconnected the terminator as well.

If that is the case, move the terminator from its location at the disconnected Tap to the nearest Tap that is still connected to the trunkline.

CNetTrunk.PNG

thank you so much, It's Fixed now, That was the problem the resistor, but now there's a pecular problem, i have 2 module with this error code16#011A, the thing is when I disconect the front module of that module, I remove that slot and change for another one the the error goes to the next slot .

What could it be?

What exact part number are those modules ?

Are they 1794 FLEX I/O modules connected to 1794-ACNR15 network adapters ?

Error code 16#011A means "out of connection resources".

It usually means that more than one controller is trying to control a network adapter.

Are these new modules that you attempted to replace during troubleshooting? I don’t think it’s the same fault, but you must set the rack size on new module.

Edit... just remember these are Flex IO, I was thinking Point IO, not sure if it’s the same.

That's a great point, Max.

FLEX I/O adapters interrogate the data bus to determine the number of attached modules at every power-up.

You can sometimes get a problem with analog modules if they are powered from the same supply as the network adapter and the supply is slightly under-sized, because the network adapter will boot up before the analog modules do.

But that shouldn't cause that error code. That's usually caused by another controller trying to make an Exclusive Owner connection.