panelview

rcrabb

I need a way to simulate a panelview program on a computer screen for machine training. Siemens protools has a simulator that works great. Now I need one for rockwell programs. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Which PanelView?

The options available to you depend on the type of PanelView you are training the operators on.

If you are using the older PanelViews (PanelView standard or the 'e' model), then unfortunately I am not aware of a PC-based simulation that would meet your needs.

However, if you are using the PanelView Plus, then you can use a combination of RSView Studio's "test appication" feature and RSLogix Emulate to train operators. The test application feature will run the HMI program on a PC, and RSLogix Emulate is one method that can be used to simulate the logic being controlled by the machine.

One word of caution: If you are using the "test application" feature, be very aware of your communications setup. You can have the test application communicate *directly* with the PLC controlling the machine, which would not be a good thing during training.

Hope this gets you on the right track. Maybe some of the other gurus at this site are aware of other options...

Regards,
Rick