AD clock sync

tommy23t

I am using Automation Direct DL240 and DL06 plcs and need to set up timing to record data at shift change automatically. I thought I could use the TIME registers, but I think they cannot be set on these models (not sure). The manual only lists the 250 and 260. I thought about using the internal clock, but don't think it would be that accurate and would have problems when the machine is powered down for maintenance. Am I missing something really basic (I hope)? How would this be done on other plcs without this function, or should this be handled on the data collection side? My thought was to trigger a write at the shift change intervals and reset the plc counters for fresh data.

Any guidance is appreciated.
Tom

You can also load a desired value into the sec, min, hrs, day or whatever to change the RT clock via program code. You may need to do this for compensating for daylight savings time, leap years etc.

I thought I could do that, but the in the manual, the "version bar" is not checked off for the 240. Does it work for the 240?
Thanks,
Tom

Tommy,

It appears that the TIME instruction is just a shortcut for having to load the 4 vmems. In the 240 you can do it buy using a constant or reading another register then OUT to each hour, min, sec, ms, individually, or by using the MOV insturction to load them all at once. It makes no difference really; you don't need the TIME instruction to change the value of V7766-V7774. Check page 3-43, and load a "K" value and then OUT to V7770 and see the clock hours change to your new value...