Allen Bradley HSC question

lurby

Hi everyone -

Great to see fellow PLC lovers/sufferers!

I would like to control a servo motor with a Micrologix 1500. I understand that I will need a motor and a drive. I can control the velocity and direction with an analog card correct?

Can I connect the encoder to the High Speed Counter without interfering with the closed loop of the motor and drive? I would do this so that I could control when to start and stop the motor.

I guess I am trying to make a CNC control with a PLC. Does this make sense or should I just look at a single axis CNC control like a Fagor 101?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Chuck

Similar Topics

Hi, I am using L24ER-QBFC1B. Does anyone have a sample using embeded HSC? I need to read angle and doing reset this counter. Tnak you Mario
Replies
Views
I'm having major issues programming the high speed counter function on the Micro 850. I have no more avenues to pursue... I've tried everything I...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with a AB 1769 hsc/b module. I want to save a pulse value and I put it into the preset register which will get transferred to the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I've got an Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1400 1766-L32 BXB and currently I've got an encoder wired on IN0 and I'm using HSC0. I've left IN1...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I'm new to Allen Bradley and I'm trying to figure out how to get a simple encoder input into the MicroLogix 1400. After looking through...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom