National Manufacturing Week

I will be at NMW on:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaseyK

In the cornfields, on the prarie, outside Chi-Town
So, who is going and when?

This is a public poll, so the day you choose, should show up with your name linked to it.

Anybody find something to go and see?

Any body have plans to meet?

I am still trying to find out if ANY big names will be there.

regards.....casey

We could all meet at Bob's garage while he is at work or school. Hopefully he will be stocking the "frig" this weekend.

Note to Bob: 2 cases MGD, 1 Miller Lite, 1 Fosters, 1 Guiness, and a sixpack of Bud for our #8 fan. Oh yeah, some O'Doull's and Coke for the designated driver.

Last edited:
You should have a "I'll pass" choice.

For the last few years the big guys, A-B, GE, Cutler Hammer, Schnieder, and so on haven't exhibited at the show. There just isn't enough going on to make the trip worth it for me any more.

I should have thought of that one, Tom.

I may not go myself.

I have am ile or two of city driving, then 90 of 4 lane to get there. Not a bad drive. But it doesn't really have anything I want to see. Not like the last time (too many years ago) when EVERY one was there.

Judging by the overwhelming response, NO one really plans to go.

Maybe the poll should have been to sneak into Bob's garage for beer.

best regards.....casey

Well I'm planning to be there, ...maybe I'll have some of Ky's local product in fancy plastic bottles,too. I don't have a clue as to where I'm going to stay...does Chicago still bust people for sleeping on park benches??? Really, I'll most likely be down near Alsip...I know a nice Irish Pub there, hopfully they will not remember our last visit.....hope to see you all at the show.

David

They don't arrest people for that anymore, all the benches got stolen.

Alsip? How about the Chicago Gaelic Park in Oak Forest? But I think you have to be card-carrying Irish to get in, IF you don't look Irish!

Three days at NMW? Are you exhibiting?

regards.....casey

I am flying in Monday afternoon...was going to take the train, but then it developed that I have to be in Nashville all day,so that option was out. I still don't know which park bench I'm going to occupy...just hope it doesn't snow too much. But then it probibly won't be any colder than my no-frills flight on the wing of some plane.
Any one else planning on showing up?
David

David_Emmerich said:
Any one else planning on showing up?

If you get lonely, you can always talk to that guy named David in the men's room mirror. He seems quite friendly... ;)

🍻

-Eric