Passthrough 5/04

GregPLC

I have a 5/04 where Ch0 is configured DH-485 and Ch1 is configured DH+. This resides on a CLX gateway to Ethernet. On the DH-485 port of the 5/04 is a panelview.....There isn't a way to get passthrough to Ch 0 is there? So I can go through my CLX gateway to DH+, and then drill down to the panelview on the DH+ port? I don't think there is...(for UL/DL capability)

TIA,

Greg

I don't think so

I don't beleive that you can do what you're trying to do. All of our panelviews that we have tied to PLC5s we have to access serially. However, it is possible to do what you want thru a CLX processor that talks straight to Panelview via DH+ on a RIO module.

GregPLC said:
I have a 5/04 where Ch0 is configured DH-485 and Ch1 is configured DH+. This resides on a CLX gateway to Ethernet. On the DH-485 port of the 5/04 is a panelview.....

You have a CLX rack with Ethernet and DH+ modules working as a gateway ?
And the SLC5/04 is connected to the same DH+ network as the CLX ?
And the PanelView is connected to the serial port on the SLC5/04 ?

I dont know about the CLX, but the SLC5/04 allows pass-thru between CH1 (DH+) and CH0 (set to DH485).
The bit S:34/0 just has to be cleared according to the help tekst.
RSLogix said:
DH485 Pass-Thru Disabled Bit S:34/0
The default setting for this bit is clear (0). When clear (0) the processor allows packets to be passed from one channel to the other. When set (1) this pass-thru is not allowed. Channel 0 must be configured for DH-485 protocol. Only packets that contain the Internet network layer and whose Destination Link ID equals that specified for the opposite channel will be passed. The default Link ID for channel 0 is (1). The default Link ID for channel 1 is (2).

I have also heard that there should be some limits to the DHRIO module, so maybe there is a catch after all.