Convert 0-10V to +/-10V

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to find an analog conditioner to convert a 0-10 V signal to a +/-10V signal and not having much luck.

Has anyone ever come across a beast like this?

I have used one from Weidmuller(wwwweidmuller.com)

Do not use relays to switch polarity unless that you have a "slow" system where you don't have to change fast from + to - voltage. I have just spent many hours of troubleshooting a problem like this.

Thanks all for the replies. The Red Lion looks like exactly what I need. The signal is to drive a proportional valve so I couldn't switch polarities w/ a relay since the valve would go wacky when I did.

Swap with a relay? NOOOOO!

A backage coming to position, or trying to hold position would NEVER satisfy position with a relay swap. Nope-nope

Rod (The CNC dude)

I should clarify how we use the relay. When the signal is proportional both ways (in, out, left, right, etc.) and the controller must go from 0 to 10 then back to 0 before it can start the other way, I have used a relay to swap polarity as the operator control moves off center to shift the other way. In this simple scenario, it works fine.