1746-NO81 4-20ma convert to 0-10v

ArcReactorKC

So in the past I have converted a 4-20ma signal to 0-10v using a 500ohm resistor. I am attempting to control a Johnson Controls damper motor with this.

Wired as spec'd the analog card will no longer produce voltage/current. If I remove wiring I do in fact voltage so the card does have a valid output.

The motor is https://www.grainger.com/product/JOHNSON-CONTROLS-24V-AC-DC-Proportional-Electric-41P602

Am I missing something? If memory and prints serve correct I should be adding a 500ohm resistor from the analog output to my 24- thus bringing the voltage down to acceptable levels.

Am I missing something? If memory and prints serve correct I should be adding a 500ohm resistor from the analog output to my 24- thus bringing the voltage down to acceptable levels.

I would think that the resistor should be connected to I Out 0 and ANL COM 0.

Are you using an external 24 VDC power supply? Have you checked the J4 jumper position? Is the channel enabled?

I would think that the resistor should be connected to I Out 0 and ANL COM 0.

Are you using an external 24 VDC power supply? Have you checked the J4 jumper position? Is the channel enabled?

Internal 24vdc power supply for the analog loop. I agree I think the resistor should be from analog out to com.

The channel is enabled.

J4 is set for external and I do have 24vdc to the 24vdc+ and 24vdc- terminals on the card. I have other analog channels running some VFD's on this same card. It almost seems as if the load is too high from this particular device.

Well this one is solved. The impedance was apparently too much for the 1746-NO81 but not a 1746-NO41 that was older. I had an empty slot and the extra card. Popped it in and wired as I had assumed prior and it took off working no problem.

Ah the fun times!