Field terminations

That depends on the context. One typical meaning is "Connections are made in the field", as in, cables that aren't provided with connectors attached. The connectors are then terminated in the field.

Another meaning can be just any connection that is wired to a device on installation, such as motor leads.

From the standpoint of typical integrators, who build electrical panels, with starters, drives, plc's, relays, etc., any wire that has to be connected 'off the panel' is a field termination.

Similar Topics

I am not sure why this is requested, but it was asked. Currently I have one PLC , with one output to a relay, turning on a field equipment (just...
Replies
Views
Context: PLC= S7-1212C, HMI=KTP1200 Basic. Hi again, When the "REPORT" button is pressed (on a different screen), it takes the operator to the...
Replies
Views
Looking for a LIDAR sensor (2d) that we can use with a Siemens PLC for measurement, Would like to interface directly with 4-20mA or a Field bus...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am doing a project that involves a Ring Configuration with 1756-EN2TR with Field Fiber Device 1783-ETAP2F and 1783-ETAP1F. I am not...
Replies
Views
For Ethercat field IO-modules, like f.i. EP2308-0001 from Bechkhoff, you always have an Ethercat in connection and an Ethercat out connection, to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom