GE Cimplicity (cough) ME Problem

rdrast

Lifetime Supporting Member
Due to time constraints here, we have stupidly split a 9030 project into two parts.

One person did all of the register naming, and then archived the project, and then began working on logic.

Another person took the archive, and began doing the QuickPanel View HMI's.

Now, it appears, that there is no way to merge the two together again. I've contacted GE, but they are being worse than useless.

Do any of you wise folk here know how to merge two projects back into one?

I was afraid of that... I can't wait to finish this project and melt down the GE software.

And, it seems to be a 90% waste of time anyway... The damn pasted panels don't have any tags with them.

/sigh

Last edited:
Okay, to correct my earlier mis-information, copying the panels individually from one project to another does work, and only loses the screen-selector keys. The problem with that approach came about from moving the program to (and off of) a PC that had only the QuickPanel View authorization, but not the Ladder authorization, causing Cimplicity to eliminate the PLC/Variable-list/Logic from the hmi project entirely.

Thanks to you Steve for a shove in the right direction!

Open the Toolchest, create a new Drawer, drag each Panel into the Drawer.
Open the PLC project, Add the QP Target and Copy hold Ctrl key, while dragging the Panels back out of the Toolchest drawer. This method will include the variables.

An easyer way is to keep the two projects separate. Now you can share the PLC project and just point the QP hardware access driver to the correct shared project. This assumes that you have maintained your version to the current Version 5.0 ServicePack 2 or 3.

Whenever using a new software package it is a good idea to learn and understand how it works before you start the project. If you take advantage of features available it can save a lot of time later. Proficy ME is like any other tool, when used as designed it will do a very good job of following your instructions.

Whenever using a new software package it is a good idea to learn and understand how it works before you start the project.

Can't argue with that. Unfortunately, all too often you get thrown together with a new system to learn and an inflexible deadline.

Sometimes the wounds are self-inflicted. We insist on trying to make the new system behave just like the system we already know.

Import your PLC-project to your HMI project. That is the easiest way to do it. The other way is already described here above (using the toolchest).

Godd luck :)
_Spiff_