Modicon 484, how to load timer Reg value?

jbklyman

Hey, any PLC Dinosaurs out there? I'm on a mission to convert all the remaining Modicon & Maxitron/Telemechanique systems over to A&B SLC 500 or PLC 5 systems.
Most of the conversion is pretty straight forward, but I've come across a Modicon timer instruction that is pulling its preset time from a memory register, but I can find no place in the code that initializes it. There are some BCD thumbwheel switches that load two other timers (I have found the network section that loads these memory locations) but nothing for the other two. Any ideas on where to look for this stuff, or if these is some firmware coded values that may be in use?
I'm wondering if the original programmer circa 1993 (he is dead now) simply loaded the timer values via the programmer and simply left it as a retentive register value as job security. Hey you don't necessarily have to be a good programmer to work these things.
Thanks for any help
Jim Klyman - BP Chemicals Naperville IL

Dinosaurs

Hi , I dont speak english very well

I worked whit this PLC´s many years ago.

I dont understand exactly what you nead but ...
May be there is no an instruction that is pulling its preset time from a memory register , because it´s no necesary (the value is the same always).
May be this register is loaded by communication.
The timers preset needs a constant or a holding register.In this register you have to put the needed value.

Good luck