OPC to remote Ethernets using CLX chassis?

RSL

I just got an additional network up and running on a ControlLogix system.

I have a 10 slot CLX chassis with 2 controllers 3 ControlNets and 2 Ethernets. I have multiple nodes on all the networks. There are remote racks as well as Peer controllers on them.

I am doing OPC with Linx Pro from one of my Ethernets to a node on one of my ControlNets now. That works fine and has for several months now. I am running 2 stand alone RSView stations like this.

I am wanting to do OPC from one Ethernet to an adress on the other Ethernet. I have configured this and it is working so far. I have had a couple of strange occurances with a couple of the PLC's dropping of the network though.

I am using the backplane to bridge the networks. I cannot connect them with a router due to corporate policies that are in place.

The traffic and loading on all the networks is well within the usable limits. Connections are not maxed out either.

I read the KB documents I could find. It said to limit the use of the Backplane as a router. It listed some limitations but did not mention OPC.

Does anyone have any experience with this configuration? Looking for advice, I can do this another way if I have to. This way is the most obvious choice if I can make it work.