what is wrong???

walters

im busy for i while now to set PLC RTC with th clock of my tp170B
but i cant get it set. when i start up my tp i can read out the time from the plc but when i want to change that time and set it to the plc it doesn't work. i dont know what m doing wrong so please help me out

nobody has an idea of what is wrong???
icon9.gif

even the real guru's dont
that really s*cks

it sure is a well explained sheet but i must be able to set the plc clock when i have changed the time on the OP my thought was that it had to owrk the way i programmed it but i cant find the tiny little problem that it has so i cant set plc date and time. if i start my OP and press button for sycnhronise it with PLC it works perfect but not the other way around. when i press the button for changing PLC time it wont work. and i cant find out how that comes

The attachments I provided explain how to use the PLC/TP Jobs to synchronize the PLC Clock to TP. You can't just write a value to some location in an S7 PLC to change the RTC, you need to use a PLC job.

yes i know that.

when the date and time are written in area pointer i transfer it to my plc
when in my plc i use job 40 to get date and time in s7 format
then i move date and time to local variable
with local variable i set plc

at least i that the idea behind the program

Jeeezzz, Walters...

Couldn't you just include of clip of your code?

What makes you think that everyone has S7 running on their home-computer?

And... would that be S7-2XX or S7-3XX, S7-4XX?

Aside from that...

Are you using BCD in your Ladder? AND, are you using BCD in your TP170B?
BCD is "required".

I hate it when a PLC requires BCD for a basic function!

BCD should be an exception, not a normal! That is, if you want to use BCD for internal processing... fine, knock yourself out... it's nuts but, whatever.

If you need to use BCD for a particular external device, fine... do the BCD. But as far as internals go, BCD should NEVER be an internal norm! Computers are BINARY Devices! Do all of your calculations in Interger, or Real, and then, if necessary, convert to BCD for the output. Any other way is just plain stupid. For all of you thin-skinned ones... that's just my opinion. But you should really think about it before you jump on the P-C wagon.

Truth is truth... it's a boolean kinda thing. Boolean doesn't care about your "feelings".