You can be sore, if it's Westinghouse

mgvol

Does anyone have any info/experience with Westinghouse DCS's? I have a customer who has a proprietary OPC client that is trying to get si tags from a Westinghouse DCS PCH workstation via ethernet and they are not getting the data. I would also like info on the workstation connection (physical/protocol) to the DCS. It is connected via "Westnet Data Highway". Thanks in advance!

If you could provide more information I might be able to help. Are you needing DCS point iformation sent to a PLC? Are they using WDPF or Ovation?

Dale

Not a PLC, it is some sort of CMMS software they use to gather predictive maintenance data. It is a WDPF system; I apologize for not including that in the original post. They are only trying to access six points at this time.

Do they have a RS-232/Ethernet media converter connected to the serial port of a QLC card or are the points being stored in a historian such as a PI server? Any additional info you can provide will help.

Dale

Sorry, all I have is a one-line sketch that shows the following:
WDPF DCS connected to Westinghous PCH (PC on the Highway running OS/2 WARP)via WESTNET Data Highway. Customer's CMMS server connected to the PCH via Ethernet thru a switch. The info is sketchy because the person at the plant responsible for the DCS is slow to provide my customer with any info.

I'm sorry to keep asking questions, but is the problem with the Server not getting the point information from the DCS or are you trying to export the information from the Server?

Dale

The server not getting the data from the DCS; it returns a value of zero for all of the tags, with no communications errors. I'm thinking the data is in a different format than they are expecting.