OT: Old Westinghouse Heaters

BDL273

I have been looking for an Old Westinghouse Heater chart. I have a old DO-ALL saw which was running on 480v 3ph it was swithced over to 240 3ph and now the heaters are tripping. If anyone has a chart or know what my numbers mean that would be great. The heaters now are H31 for the saw motor and H12 for the pump. Also if anyone know where to buy these older style heaters that would be great. Thanks in advance for any help.

The best I remember, the "FH" was the designation that Cutler-Hammer came up with to replace the old Westinghouse "H" heaters, when they bought many of the Westinghouse lines in 2003, including the Westinghouse motor starters. I think that the FH heaters will replace the H heaters in most cases.

Last edited:
Call Southland up, they will surely be able to help you get what you need. They are one of our local suppliers and I have rummaged through their warehouse (with a salesman of course) to find a part I needed. I can tell you that they have just about anything under the sun, even some things I am not able to get through a factory rep. They buy surplus parts from all over and their inventory is always changing, but they usually know where to get a part for the customer if they don't have one currently in stock. Good Luck.

Thanks everyone for the help I will be calling around today I wish the saw was here but its located at one of our branches which is about two hours south.

Wouldn't it be far less hassle to just replace the overloads with modern ones?

Just a suggestion.