the worlds best and most famous PLC

walters

hi all maybe its a lame question but i'd like to know anyway
what is the worlds most famous PLC? i think its siemens but is this also the best PLC?
give me your thought's about it and tell why you think that

i think the plc varies to what type of industry you are in. i am in the printing business, we got lots of TI, AB, and Siemens. i am told that outside the printing business that you don't see much TI, just mainly AB. i've always liked TI the best because that is what i worked with the most. other folks will swear by AB. i think the one that is sweeping the nation rat now is Siemens.

The best PLC ever is/was the TI.
Why ? Because Terry says so.
I have never worked with TI, but I believe everything Terry says :nodi:

The most famous PLC ever is ... errr.:unsure:
It is a trick question. No PLC is "famous".

there must be a PLC that has the best name on this planet

"Allen Bradley" ? Nah ... too sombre.
"Siemens" ? Nope ... nobody can spell it right (Siemans, Seimens, Simens,..).
"Klöckner Moeller" ? FORGET IT !
"Telemecanique" ? Not bad, pretty, maybe too girly for a PLC.
"Modicon" ? Too constructed. Doesnt move fluently off the tongue.
"Omron" ? Boring, boring.
"Mitsubishi" ? Not too bad. But it is not exactly there.
"Texas Instruments" ? Texas and instruments doesnt associate well together.
"Asea Brown Boveri" ? A name that long is never good.
"Koyo" ? Well... yes... I think it is it ! YES "Koyo" is the best name of them all, easy to pronounce, sounds friendly and yet hip and trendy. It could be a name of a beer or a pokemon as well as a PLC.

And you know what ? Koyo used to make PLCs for TI who rebadged them as TI. Now is this a coincidence or not ? The "PLC with the best name" and "best overall PLC" is really the one and same PLC.

The most famous PLC may be the one that held up completion of the Denver airport for a year beause they couldn't get the baggage handling system to work. Of course, it wasn't the PLC's fault, but I'm sure most folks in Denver weren't making fine distinctions.

The best PLC is the one I'm using when the customer says "That system is working great!" Of course, the brand varies from project to project.

not sure about the most famous, but the best PLC is the one on the shelf in the parts room....never fails, never needs attention & you hardly know it's there...

I think you have to look at it this way, dont think of them as PLC's, think of them as fighters. If you had two people fighting, who do you think would win? A guy named Allen Bradley or a guy named Mitsubishi? A guy named siemens or a guy named Koyo? I think this is the most logical way to decide what PLC to use and what PLC is the best. :D