Medoc

Ive been given a project to modify a Mitsubishi PLC program and I am new to MEDOC software. Does anyone know of any downloads that are available that can give me a lesson on programming with MEDOC? I've worked with PLC's for years, but the software is different to say the least.

I'm running ver. 2.41 and the PLC is an FX2N. Any help would be appreciatted.

im not to sure of any downloads ill have a look around for you .

but we use alot of medoc on our site throw a few questions out ill be glad to help if i can.

medoc

just to get you started .

when "start" is highlighted green use arrow keys to select "new proj" enter
select cpu type fx2n enter.
enter project name.
name should now appear at top of screen use arrow keys to goto "transfer"
select "plc>medoc" enter hit " Y" for yes .
program should upload from plc .
you will now have a back up program you can play with and edit .

use "esc" button to go back until you cant go back any further.
select "edit" enter then "ladder" enter.
you should now have program on screen toggle f2 button to go in and out of field.
when in field move cursor to area you want to mod then press f7 top insert new i/o.

hope this is some help.

if its not the old dos based system with the blue medoc screen then forget what ive just said.

all the new range are using software called gx developer now.

Fx pinouts

On the subject of Mitsubishi, i have asked this before, but have mis placed the information. Does mitsi have a cable pinout pdf or guideline? I know omron has one on their cables, am wanting somethin on mitsi. have an fx2n to work with, i think it only has the 25 pin com port on it, haven't had a closer look yet. I have an sc-02 converter, is this a 485 or 422 protocol? I have a 232 - 422/485 converter, so if i knew all the pinouts for the 25 pin and little round 9 pin, then life would be easier?

I finally got the backup on my pc. Just had some problems getting the comm's set up. I'm working through editing the ladder logic. If you wanted to add a timer or counter, what number key is used to insert them and what steps are needed to configure them?

Thanks,

mitsi timers and counters

mitsi timers and counters are very basic unlike siemans there,s not much to it.
in edit mode timers and counters are inserted as an output coil ( ) i might be mistaken but i think its key number "7" just look for the symbol ( ) at the bottom of the edit screen and press the rellavent key.
as its a coil you may have to insert some code previous before you can insert the coil.
once the coil is inserted you will need to give it an address ie "T" followed by a number "T?" depending on the cpu type some numbers of timer will have a retentive memory if this is not an issue with your code any unused timer address will do.
then you will have to give it a time constant which is addressed as "K" i might be mistaken but i think the constant is in tenths of a second ie if you wanted timer on for six seconds you would insert "K60".
and thats it you can use the normally open or closed bits of that timer in your code.
counters are exactly the same insert the coil in edit mode but address it as "C?" instead of "T". again use "k" as constant where "K5" is equal to five counts.
as far as i can remember thats about it hope thats of some use!

" F7" will compile your edits then at top header "save" will save program you will probably find if you tried to exit without saving you will be promted to do so.

Last edited:
That would help, I have seen the one posted on this site, but am more so after the 25 pin one also, there was one posted on here from eric nelson a good while ago, but it is not that clear on the pinouts at the 25 pin connection