Melsec Medoc - program print

Culliham

Anyone have access to Melsec Medoc plus 2.31a that can either open a file (.pcd zipped in link below) and send a PDF/screenshot of the ladder, or share the software?
We have an OEM file...
* only opens in a software that doesn't exist online
* software doesn't seem to be supported by anyone or any company
* needs a Win7 32bit computer to run anyone
* made by an OEM who aren't replying to the request (haven't even rejected the request)

https://*****/t-M0czGBMp

medoc 2.31 is a dos based program. i never heard of 2.31a. you are talking about a windows 2000 or older pc. i seem to remember it working on Windows xp.
i have xp, 2ooo, windows 7, 8, 10. i don't have a portable floppy disk and i will have to go through my cd's to look for the software.
send me a pm and attach the file and i will see what i can do. i am rusty on the medoc software, but if i can find it, i will try.
james

I have the software on an old vm, but your link is getting censored. I also have install media but this forum is dead against sharing software.

I have GXIEC on an old win 7 laptop if you PM me I will see if I can get you a PDF printout & send it to you just pm your email address as the file is probably too large to post on here.

Hi, I have sent you a PDF of the program via email, I had great trouble opening it, however it did open but complained about some user libraries, I had to dig out a very old laptop with an early version of GXIEC that could convert a 16 bit version, I does appear there are no user libs used but probably the original programmer had some loaded in the project but not used, this often happens, even if you had GXIEC then as it would need to be re-compiled it would not match the plc code as depending on the programmer setting compile options the many temporary memory areas used would be different when compiled, although the program would work the same. also I will try to convert it to GXWorks2, however, sending it to your email may be difficult as GMail has strict attachment rules so many like zip etc. will be rejected.

No it's not I have opened it & re-built it, had trouble at first as it is a 16 bit version of GXIEC at first it could not find something called SC.exe (I think) but opened it in an earlier version that converted it I have sent a pdf print of the code to cullingham.

I have version 7.xx on a win 7 laptop but that did not work kept asking for something like SC.exe, then I tried V 6.xx on an old Win xp & that worked however it complained a few times & said the database was corrupt, did a repair & it worked, it all seems there & compiled ok Tried to convert to GXworks2, said out of memory that was on two different PC's both have 16gb ram so gave up on that, I know the conversion normally works as I have done it many times even dug out an old IEC program & it worked, so it must be something to do with the file was originally done on the old 16 bit version of GXIEC. I do know that when converted there will be loads of mismatches IEC uses an area of reserved tags to use when compiling, these differ from IEC to Works so these temps (used to actually compile into the ladder or IL instructions) for example if you use an IEC block after another one it RLO of the first function is not connected directly to the enable of the second it creates a temporary bit & uses that on another ladder rung to enable the next function, This is to make it compatible with the existing PLC's before IEC, it also means you can upload from the PLC in ladder but hard to follow as there are all these temps, it also means you need to keep your source file as it cannot be re-constructed into the IEC format, the only way is to download the symbolic code to the plc which is an option, however, if you have a large program there may not be enough memory to hold the symbolic code, again not many people do anyway as it takes time.