Help on Siemens S5-115U

Gordo777

We have a machine with a S5-115U PLC which is connected to a Siemens Coros OP35 HMI.
Any help on how/what I would need to upload the PLC program and get the program out of the OP35 ?
We have Step5 v7.1 on a laptop,but with no Com port.
Many thanks.

You will need the 20mA (TTY) to RS232 (serial) converter from Siemens part number. 6ES5 734-1BD20.
As you have no come port you will also need to have a USB to serial interface/converter.
I have used this set up before but it was "slow".

www.process-informatik.de have USB to 20mA interfaces for their PG95 S5/S7 software; although I am unsure if they will work with Siemens S5 software.
For the Op you will require the Protool software.

Hope this helps?

Steve

Thanks Steve for the help.

The PG2000 software + USB>CL cable is probably the way to go.
Cheers.

Hi,

something I forgot to mention was that Peocess-Informatik have a S5 LAN connector.
This allows the S5 to be connected to "Ethernet"; it is also supplied with software for use with siemens Step 5 that re-directs the "comm" port to Ethernet.

Steve

Can you upload the program from an OP35 ?
I may be wrong, but I think that the upload feature first came with the panels in the "7" series (i.e. OP37).

In any case, an uploaded file from a panel can not be opened and modified in Protool. That functionality came with the Win CE panels.

You must try to find the original Protool program for the OP35.