Siemens tia help needed

stu

Hi
I’m after some help , I have a plc program with a baumer verisens vision camera attached I have got the signals working ect but I have an issue with putting a parameter into to the vision to compare.
I have a product code that I would like to the vision
I have taken the product code(string) and converted to a character array and put it into a db .

I have then tried to move the data to the parameter data which starts from QB53
But I can’t see how to get the data to QB53?
I can move the parameters data to another array but not to the QB53
I only need a max of 10 characters to move ?
Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

88a6768a-2e82-4829-818a-6a00356d36cd.jpeg 88059ba7-3368-4785-8fa1-c88cb9943d70.jpeg

How would that work I have a db with the array all ready would I have to create the udt in the existing db

88a6768a-2e82-4829-818a-6a00356d36cd.jpeg

Not in the existing DB, use the "Default Tag Table," and map an instance of the UDT to %Q53.0, like @LD is saying, but like this to include the "Length of data" parameter:
Untitled.png
Caveats/Notes

• Assumes same byte order between TIA and Verisens
  • I gotta admit, for all my whinging about Siemens and TIA Portal, this was actually pretty slick.

that was harder then i thought lol , i have glasses in the picture and not sure why .

thank you

qr product.png