pedroborges

Good,

Code Totalizer:

IF ( Hour = 23) and ( Minute = 59) and ( Second = 59) THEN
totalizerDay_previous : = totalizerDay;
totalizerDay= 0;
End_IF

-------------------

I want to move the value from day's totalizer to previous day's totalizer at 23:59:59 (hour/minute/second). the code is not working, whenever I move the value from the totalizer of the day to the totalizer of the previous day it moves the zero value instead of moving the current value of the totalizer of the day

Your If statement will be true for 1 second which will result in totalizerDay being zero when Second eventually becomes zero. Use a rising edge.

Don't know ST in Siemens but have done this before

IF ( Hour = 23) and ( Minute = 59) and ( Second = 59) AND NOT(One_Shot)THEN (* Add a oneshot bit*)
totalizerDay_previous : = totalizerDay; (*Copy the data *)
totalizerDay= 0;
One_Shot := TRUE; (* Set the oneshot bit *)
ELSE;
IF (Second <> 59 ) THEN (* When the second register is not 59 reset the oneshot bit *)
One_Shot := FALSE;
END_IF;
END_IF;

Last edited:
And we're all assuming this is running in OB1 or an OB that runs more frequently than a second.

If Hour, Minute and Second come from the PLC clock and you want to move the day's total to a variable, I'd instead use a time of day interrupt.

See here how to do it. No logic, just set it up correctly and add an instruction TotalizerDAy := 0; inside it.

And we're all assuming this is running in OB1 or an OB that runs more frequently than a second.

If Hour, Minute and Second come from the PLC clock and you want to move the day's total to a variable, I'd instead use a time of day interrupt.

See here how to do it. No logic, just set it up correctly and add an instruction TotalizerDAy := 0; inside it.
Good solution, but no link or attachment.

Add New Block > Organization Block > Time of Day interrupt
After creation, right click > properties and set it to run daily at 23:59:59

I would put this in an time-of-day interrupt OB and run in once every 24 hrs.