Simulate 1200 screen in TIA portal Siemens Step7

Is this the same PC that you used last week? (maybe a silly question, but you never know)

If not, you need to make sure that the Simulation was actually installed with WinCC. There is no extra license required, but it isn't installed by default.

Yes same PC that worked before.

I am trying to simulate in TIA portal. Worked last week.

Installed WINCC flex, new location, similar hardware. S7-300 and 1200 comfort HMI.

But now no simulator.

The compatibility tool says WinCC Comfort (TIA Portal) V13.0 SP1 and WinCC flexible 2008 SP3 are compatible.

But Siemens also wrote the compatibility checker..............so.........

I just tested with 1212 cpu with Comfort and Basic panels- works fine
I also have WinCC Flex installed...........
with about every other piece of Siemens software installed

This project also works on another PC in the same shop.

I am certain it is a setting somewhere in my PC, but I have not intentionally changed anything that would cause this.

Not sure where to look though or how to even proceed.

Lots of good ideas in here, always a new perspective.

The compatibility tool says WinCC Comfort (TIA Portal) V13.0 SP1 and WinCC flexible 2008 SP3 are compatible.

Relevant is the installation order.
WinCC flex doesn't know that there is a TIA Portal. So if you've installed WinCC flex after TIA Portal software, it maybe overwrite some common used program libraries on installation (which Siemens makes use a lot of...).

If I have to setup my PG (programming device), I (try to) do it in chronological order in which the software was released.
In Siemens order: Step 7, WinCC flex, TIA portal

With other older Siemens software, I use a virtual machine for this to avoid incompatibility issues whith my daily work system.

Danuguy
Since you installed Flex...
For a test. Set your pg pc interface to the same nic as TIA portal is using and try it again
That interface gets installed with WinCC Flex

I just saw in post 1 you did that...
I assume we are talking about the same one..

Last edited:
Make sure the S7 PG interface is defined to be the same as the interface you are using on the HMI panel, probably Ethernet?
The HMI simulation uses the interface defined by the s7 PG interface.

Make sure the S7 PG interface is defined to be the same as the interface you are using on the HMI panel, probably Ethernet?
The HMI simulation uses the interface defined by the s7 PG interface.

Yes it has been the same since the time when it worked, never changed the PG interface setting.

Or uninstall all Siemens and continue with RS5000.

I once hated Siemens, then I got better with it and I loved it........then I used RS5000 and I hated AB, but it always works and the help files are clear and simple and easy to follow. Anybody can do it. Where is the fun in that?

Then I came back to Siemens....Now I remember why AB is so boring.

Never once in the last 3 years with RS5000 did I have to sit up at night trying to get something to work like this.

It brings back memories.

Did you try to repair TIA?

I wanted to avoid the several hours of re-installing, but it has come to that.

Just completed the repair process for TIA Portal.

No the repair didn't work. Same result.

Now it's uninstall / reinstall time..........

Wish there were some way to query the system to find out why it wont work.

I also changed the PG interface to "none" and disabled the NIC, rebooted and then re-enabled the NIC and then selected it as the PG interface again.

Out of ideas.

"Resolved"

Went back to a previous image before WINCC.

Even though Siemens compatibility tool indicates that tia and WINCC are compatible, they are not.

Simulator works fine now, just like before the WINCC install.

I think Thomas identified the issue a few posts back - the order of installation.
I have WinCCFlex and TIA existing happily on my system.
But the installation sequence was Step 7 / WinCCFlex / TIA Portal.