Upgrade Siemens S7-1200 From Version 13 TIA to Version 16

lunenburger

I am trying to upgrade an old Siemens S7-1200 PLC that has a program on in written in version 13 of TIA Portal.

I am going to write a totally new program in Version 16 and download it to the PLC.

I have started a new program in TIA:
- added a new generic S7-1200 and detected the PLC info with no issues
- my computer and the PLC are on the same subnet.
- PLC shows up when I ask to go online in says Connection to PLC_1 terminated

How do I go online and overwrite a program written in version 13?

thanks in advance.....

S7.jpg

That is the trick!!
Thank you for the info baref00t
Worked perfectly, On a side note, I spent a couple months in Plover Wi at a McCains fry plant... had a great time!

Similar Topics

Hi Experts, I would like to make firmware upgrade from v3.0 to v4.5 (S7-1200 CPU 1215C). Can I do it from v3.0 to v4.5? Do I need to take some...
Replies
Views
I have been trying to get online with a Siemens S7-1200 CPU 1214C. The first problem I ran into is the software that was used to download the...
Replies
Views
Dears kindly need support to replace old SimoReg DC master Siemens Drive and upgrade to sinamics 6RA8081-6DV62-0AA0 series communication is...
Replies
Views
We have a very old piece of equipment ('97) that a customer would like us to upgrade the controls to Rockwell. The original program was written...
Replies
Views
We have a very old piece of equipment ('97) that a customer would like us to upgrade the controls to Rockwell. The original program was written...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom