siemens tia help

stu

i have a question i have a string where i see a product number , but want to be able to if less then/ equals to 1 then turn off a input ?
i have tried a comparator and basic >= but nothing worked ?

im sure this is a basic question ,i just need a little pointing in the right direction

I think You need to convert string to integer/double and then You can compare by value not by chars.

Can you describe the format of the number values in the STRING.
You can play around with STRG_VAL, the parameter FORMAT decides the format of the STRING content.
If the number format is special, then you may have to write your own conversion routine.

As JesperMP suggested - play with that function and You should be all right.
lI4GG84.png

Similar Topics

Hi I’m after some help , I have a plc program with a baumer verisens vision camera attached I have got the signals working ect but I have an...
Replies
Views
Good, Code Totalizer: IF ( Hour = 23) and ( Minute = 59) and ( Second = 59) THEN totalizerDay_previous : = totalizerDay; totalizerDay= 0; End_IF...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have a 1500 cpu and a bout 5 drives on a machine on profnet And I would like to see the current and monitor online I have the plc...
Replies
Views
hi i have had a mind blank on a tia and was wondering for a easy option . i have a trigger signal that will see a mark and set a delay timer off...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm modifying a system that's created in Tia Portal ver 14. I've changed the PLC program and added screens to the HMI sections. Regarding...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom