Air Flow Program

Russ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone..
Noticed that there was some interest in the air flow program... I shelved that prog after working out some flow charts.. and just have been too lazy to get back to it.. lol..
But.. as soon as I finish a few things I'm currently working on (temperature averaging stuff for a client).. I'll be able to put some time into it... I should have something ready within a few weeks..

thanks for the interest..

Hi Dan,

Basically.. just your typical air flow program... calculating velocities, acfm, scfm.. though.. I also wanted to show some simple visualizations so that the client could 'see' the air flow... which might help them with pm work since it could indicate where duct deterioration is likely to occur.
The other thing I was interested in was a history... a way of saving flow data so that it can be compared to future air flow measurements. Might help in discovering patterns in the way the ducts plug and also the effects of any modifications/balancing in other parts of a given duct system.

Can't speak for hvac, since I don't have any experience in that field.. but I would assume that any duct that has air flowing through it would be the same irregardless of specific application.
So.. tentatively I'd say yes.. it would work for hvac as well. I work on RTOs and that's where the need for this first came up. :)

it's a Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer.... kind of like a glorified vacuum cleaner.. that uses a burner as a 'super hepa' filter.. hahahahaha

In olden days hazardous waste went to a lime kiln. Supposedly this was only way to get rid of PCBs. Will this unit do PCBs and satisfy EPA??
I am involved in a process that may need this kind of equipment.

Dan

Hi Dan,
Sorry for the delay.. I haven't been on this site for some time.. busy is good I suppose.... lol..
Anyways... RTO's are not very good at getting rid of liquids.. in checking with the guys in the office... it seems that the kiln is the most likely way to go...

Russ