networking 2 mitsi plc's

kevbloke

Hi all,
i am having a couple of probs with networking 2 a2as plc's with A1SJ71AT21B network cards.

i was told to use network type: melsecnet/10 controlling station
start i/o number(which i have done)
network number: 1
Total stations: 2
network range assignment: identical point assignment 256
refresh parameters: default

other station:-
network type: normal station
start i/o number: (Which i did)
network number: 1
change refresh parameters to 256 bits and words.

Now all this i have done and the controlling station seems quite happy with no errors showing on plc.
But the plc on the local/normal station is showing an error. this in plc diagnostics is " 47 470 link parameter error". It also says to re write the refresh parameters.
Does anyone know what its talking about because i am no expert on plc's!

Please help, it would make me and my boss very happy!

The AT21B is a MelsecNet/B network module , not a Net/10, so in Network Parameters Select

MNET (Master Station)
Insert the start address of the Master network card
Total Stations refers to how many Local / Remote stations excluding the Master, so enter 1.
Select Network Parameters. You will see ranges for M0 (Master) and L1 (Local Station 1). Enter LB and LW ranges or select Identical Ranges button if that is what you need.
Make sure that you Local station is set to Station 1 and the Master to Station 0 , and the baud rates match. Refresh parameters are direct refreshing of X/Y points between PLCs. More explaination required if you really want to use this feature but my guess is that you will probably be using Bs and Ws.

Good luck!