Simulate with ProTool/Pro and PLCSIM

plc-friend

Hi, we got a demo version for ProTool/Pro v6.0+SP2 and we´re triying to simulate applications at school with PLCSIM 5.0 and STEP7 v5.0 bout we didn´t have result.
does anyone know if it posible to use these programs at the same time to simulate?

Yes, it's CAN
I did not find any problem when I tested (I used all demo versions of ProTool/Pro v6.0+SP1 and PLCSIM 5.1 and STEP7 v5.1)
What problem did you have?

Duy

Hi plc-friend,

you have to start S7-PLCSIM.
Set the S7-PLCSIM MPI address to the same as your real PLC.
Download all blocks from STEP7 to the "PLC".
In Protool check that the Controller Connections MPI address is the same as the real PLC.
Then start Protool RT.
It shall find the "PLC" automatically.

Note: It only works with Protool programs that are made for Windows CE based panels. OP7, OP17, OP27 will not work. OP170, OP270 etc will work.

Hi Guys.
I checked the MPI addreses:pLC MPI 2 and Panel MPI 1.
But when I open de RunTime it says the following:
110001 Change to operating mode "online"
140001 Connection disconnected: PLC 1, Station 2,Rack 0 ,Slot 0.

should I use a higher MPI address for the panel?

Thank you for your help

Assuming that you want to connect to an S7-300 (both real and simulated), then the CPU slot number must be 2.
For an S7-400 the CPU slot number can vary (2-3-4 typically).

edit:
It is silly that the default slot number is 0, as this is an impossible value.

Last edited: